Saturday, February 04, 2006

My Husband



We have been married a little over a month. His laugh is one of my favorite sounds in the world. I like these images of him because they seem so much about marriage--the sea, the unknowns, our little ship of a family, and the fun and wonderful surprises that come with each new island.

I thank God for this man. Pray for us, and for all the ships out on the sea, for good captains and loving crews, for joy and for sun and for good wind.

And also, please pray for my thesis. A blog is a perfect distraction. Back to work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you, my wonderful wife for the thoughtful analogy. I am the captain of this ship, and am still learning how to tie maritime knots properly. Any advice from other husbands will be greatly appreciated! I love this woman!

timothy said...

You have no idea what kind of distraction it can be. Good luck!

MM said...

S, I think you got a good one. But he never got his monogrammed compass from Red Envelope...

Summer said...

Oliver: she loves you too.

Tim: Don't worry, you'll have a link on my blog soon, I'm just trying to find the right place on the bus for you.

Huck: blast, you are so right! How will we ever find our way? Maybe they're on sale now....